The early years funding can seem complicated and we hope that the information provide is helpful, but we understand that it may not answer all of your specific questions. If you are still feeling a bit bamboozled, please don’t hesitate to call the office and we will happily talk you though the best options for your family.
There are 3 Government funding schemes available.
Free for 2 funding:
570 hours of funded childcare is available for qualifying families from a child’s 2nd birthday. This can be taken as 15hrs per week over 38 weeks or 12hrs per week over 48 weeks. Subject to eligibility and availability.
570 hours of funded childcare is automatically available for all families in England, from the start of the school term following your child’s 3rd birthday. (January, April, September)
You can choose to use your 570 hours over 38 weeks (term time) at 15 hours per week or stretch those over 48 weeks at 12 hours per week.
Extended Funding – up to 24 Hours per week:
An additional 570 hours of funded childcare is available for eligible working families in England, from the start of the next school term following your child’s 3rd birthday. (January, April, September). A family eligible for extended funding and using their universal funding will have a total of 1,140hrs over the year.
Please note that Town Work Play is a year-round setting that is open 51 weeks a year. Families accessing universal and extended funding, can opt for Term Time or Stretched hours.
To confirm if you are eligible you will need to register for the funding through the Government website https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
before the start of the next school term. You will receive an 11-digit code which you must provide the nursery for us to process your claim.
To keep your extended hours funded childcare place, you need to revalidate your details every 3 months, (please register for the text alert), if you do not revalidate your details it may lead to your funding being withdrawn and you will be liable for the full cost of the childcare.
Town Work Play’s Funded Sessions
At Town Work Play we understand that the cost of childcare to a family is a significant expense, and we are committed to offering flexible options to suit all our families. The Government funding offer is designed to only cover the cost of delivering the core early years foundation stage framework. To allow us to offer fully funded sessions with no additional costs we have a package of set times available throughout the week. Alternatively, families can elect to use our flexi-funding package.
Fully funded sessions
Fully funded sessions with no additional charges are available from:
- Universal funded sessions 1-4pm Monday – Friday
- Extended funded sessions 11am – 5pm
Families opting for fully funded sessions are asked to provide their child/ren with a healthy snack in line with our healthy eating policy, as well as nappies and wipes.
For families looking for more tailored approach to using their funded hours we can offer our flexi-funding package. This package allows you to select the sessions you use based on your individual family needs, and give you access to the following additional benefits:
- Homecooked seasonal meals and snacks
- Choice of term time or year-round sessions
- Enhanced holiday discounts for children attending year round
- Session swaps*
- Reduced notice period to increase or decrease weekly sessions*
- Programme of activities such as, football, forest school, cooking, gardening and yoga not included in the EYFS (these are reviewed each term.)
- Eco wipes
- Sun cream
- Use of all-in-one puddle suits
This package includes a service charge. Please refer to our current price list for costs, these costs are reviewed annually.
*Available with 14 days’ notice.
Funded hours may not be used outside the hours of 8-5pm Families needing earlier or later hours than this will be charged at the normal rate, please refer to our current pricelist.
Important information regarding funding
- For all funding you will need to complete a parental declaration form each term and show the setting your child’s birth certificate or passport.
- For claims where funding has been submitted but later found to be ineligible, hours that have been used will be invoiced at our hourly rate (see current price list) and charged an administration fee of £20.
- For families using more than one childcare provider to claim their full entitlement, Town Work Play will contact the other provider to ensure funding is being allocated correctly.